Monday 8 February 2010

Yesterday I had a coaching session with Jaime. Every so often she takes Olivia, my sister, and I for a session. She wanted to have us for an hour and a half each this time but Olivia wasn’t feeling very well so I had three hours instead of an hour and a half.

We started by running up and down five flights of stairs to warm up, I was exhausted by the time I had done this. I then did five easy boulder problems and then did ten minutes of stretching. I was then determined to show Jaime my tan boulder project so she could help me with the last move ( the move I was stuck on ). I still couldn’t make the move but she said it was all in my head and made me do the same move five times lower down the wall. It was easy lower down so I just have to be more confident at the top of the 45 degree wall.

We then tackled some routes on the main lead wall, Jaime filmed me using my new camcorder. She then showed me how to play it back to look at where I went wrong. I tried the blue 7a and got three quarters of the way up (it was a very crimpy climb) I then tried the tan 6c and got to the second last hold. I also tried the yellow 6c+ and found one of the moves very reachy. After some hard routes we had a break and then moved on to do some circuits and hard boulder problems. I finished off with some traversing and nearly fell asleep on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment