Monday 8 February 2010

The tan bouldering problem

For the last few climbing sessions I have still been in the bouldering room because it has been so cold in the arena. Today I was doing routes with Mhairi as part of my BRYCS coaching session. I was also wearing my new La Sportiva size 35 shoes that are now the right size for me.
I had been trying the tan boulder problem on the 45 degree board on Tuesday and Thursday but I couldn't reach one of the foot holds so (while McGeek wasn't there) I asked Mhairi to add a foothold to the right of the one I couldn't reach. I then couldn't get past the pinch hold. Today with my new shoes I managed to get to one hold from the top!! Rachel (bouldering meister) Carr told me to head bob the last move !!! I will try it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That tan is really tricky! I can't believe you put in another foothold!!! You are almost as bad as mcgeek (he puts footholds on all my problems cause he canny do them!)

    Keep up the good work Gabs! Loving the blog!

    Robz

    ReplyDelete