Saturday 16 January 2010

‘Talented Climbers Day” at Manchester Climbing Wall

I am on the train coming back from the ‘Talented Climbers Day” at Manchester Climbing Wall. Me and mum got the train after school on Friday and were in Manchester at 5.30. I had pizza and went to bed early so that I had lots of energy for the next day. It has been sooooo cold at Ratho I have not climbed a route for 3 weeks, I have only been bouldering and so I don’t feel very fit. We arrived before 10 and then did a warm up. We then had four different sessions, they were 45 minutes each. My first session was with Steve McLure doing routes, aaaaghhh!!! I hoped I would be okay. I was okay, they were not too hard and I had warmed up okay. I was pleased when one of the BMC guys said he though my footwork was good. I then did the body tension session which was about core strenth. I like this session and there were lots of exersises that I can do at home. We stopped for lunch and I got to talk to Steve Mclure about my new Sportiva shoes because he organises all the Sportiva stuff. My new shoes were a wee bit big so he is going to send me a smaller pair. I then had McGeek for bouldering which was great… I love bouldering. My last session was with Buzby and Robbie which was all about footwork. I really enjoyed this session as well ( although I was sick in the middle of it). We then had a short session on route reading and keeping a training diary. I love the T shirt and the training diary. Mum and I had to leave quickly to get to the train station, we got there in time but I was starving. Great day, thank you Ian Dunn and team for organising this. I would like to go back to Manchester to do some more climbing.

Eleanor and Ishbell were also down for the day.
Posted by Picasa

This is Buzby and Robbie talking to us about footwork.

1 comment: