Saturday 19 February 2011

Back training with McGeek

My first training session with McGeek was the best one I have ever had, he took me to the cafe and we had hot chocolate and planned what I was to do for my training over the next few months.
I then caught a bug and was off school for the next week, so that was a good start to my training. The following week I started my training programme and I couldn't believe how weak I felt, my hands were sore and my feet were really sore, and everything seemed much harder to climb. I just decided to keep climbing and bouldering although I wasn't really enjoying myself. After climbing all of my back and arm muscles were aching, but after a few sessions it became a little bit easier and I began to feel a bit stronger.
I then had my next session with McGeek, which was a top rope session. I had been doing more leading and so I really enjoyed this for a change. We started on the ripple 6b and then blue 7a and then the yellow 7a+ which I didn't manage to onsight. I then did the red 6b+ lead on the tower. I really enjoyed this session and felt more confident having done these climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment