Sunday 29 August 2010

Mc Geek Session

After having a few weeks off of hard training, I had my first coaching session with McGeek today. I was really pleased it was bouldering because I feel I need to build up my strength and stamina for routes.I had to do some homework for him, describing different types of climbing and I also had to give myself points for how good I was at slopers and speed climbing and competitions and other things.
We started with a green problem...... and then I tried another green and I touched the last hold. We did a problem that went under the roof and I nearly got to the top but came off about 3/4 of the way up. The last problem we did was another green problem, it was very hard. I got to the fifth hold then came off.

At the end of the session Neil showed me some excercises to use for the opposite muscles to the ones you use for climbing. It's so annoying because I can't use the gym until next year.
I enjoyed my session, my hands were really sore by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment