Wednesday 8 February 2012

January

After taking a break of two weeks from climbing over Christmas it was straight into the first round of the Youth Climbing Series. On the few days before the comp I wondered why I had been having a break because I felt like I hadn’t climbed for months, so it made me a bit nervous. The first comp was at Ratho and the routes were great, quite tricky on VERY cold holds but I really enjoyed it. The second round was held at Stirling two weeks later and again the routes were quite challenging and it was a bit off putting when Natalie Berry who was demonstrating the final route couldn’t make the last move. In both rounds I came in second place to two different people.
Last Saturday I took part in the bouldering competition at the TCA in Glasgow, it is a great new place to boulder and the comp was good fun. It was a redpointing comp with 25 problems to try. Again I was second. I think I am destined to come in second place in every competition. The last round of the YCS is in a couple of weeks and then I can start to train hard for a few months before the next competition.

photo taken by Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment